You will need:
- Assorted Nail Polishes of Different Colors
- A Plastic Cup/Bowl (that you won't mind getting nail polish on) filled with water
- Toothpick (Can substitute with bobby pin)
- Tape
Steps:
- Apply a base coat on your nails (this step can be optional, but it's recommended)
- Paint a light colored nail polish on your nails (white, light pink, etc.)
- Tape your fingers on the bottom and two sides. This will help prevent nail polish from getting all over your fingers.
- Take one nail polish brush and put it over the water and let one drop fall into the bowl.
- Once it hits the water it should 'burst' and expand in the water. If it falls to the bottom and gets stuck you should try again.
- Repeat step four with different color(s) and drop the nail polish in the middle of the pool of polish. You can use as many colors as you like.
- Alternate dropping the colors a few times.
- Swirl the polish with the tooth pick in a fun design.
- Dip your finger in polish in the water. Wait for about a minute.
- *When taking out your finger make sure the excess nail polish does not stick on. Otherwise it will ruin the design! If it seems like it's going to then separate the excess with a toothpick.
- Remove any excess nail polish from the bowl and any tape or nail polish on your finger.
You're done! I hope you've enjoyed this post! Tomorrow's Mother's Day. Tell her you appreciate her!!!
I really like this post! I am going to try these soon!
ReplyDeletewow:)!!! this is sucha cool idea! thanq for sharing:)
ReplyDeletelove how it turned out!
ReplyDeleteI've tried marbeling once, but it was a total disaster haha.. but, I'm not giving up yet ;)
It takes some practice. To be honest, I messed up quite a few times! Keep on trying!
Deleteyou did such a great job, Kassica!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :D
DeleteHi, great idea for summer nails, love it. Will have to try it :-)
ReplyDeleteFollowing your blog now, please have a look at mine.
http://dusana-attracthappiness.blogspot.com
Now that is neat! I never knew how this was done. Thanks for sharing. I will make sure to let my sisters know too. New follower from the Friday Blog Hop.
ReplyDeletehttp://lovejoyjunction.blogspot.com/